Footbus Ltd (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
Scope of Policy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Footbus Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12986850 with its registered office at:
Address : Tower House, Parkstone Road, Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom, BH15 2JH
Phone Number : : +44 1202 985115
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Control Information
For the purpose of data protection legislation, Footbus Ltd is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office and will be the data controller for your personal information. The Data Protection Registration Number of Footbus Ltd is ZB268249.
Footbus Ltd will delete your data if you ask us to. You can do this either in-app (go to your Profile and select ‘Delete Account’) or by sending an email to email@example.com See ‘How and where your data is stored and how long it is stored for’ below for more information.
All information you provide to us is stored on a secure server. We take the security of your personal information very seriously and have put in place physical, technical, operational and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data as required by law and in accordance with accepted good industry practice. We will always keep these under review to make sure that the measures we have implemented remain appropriate.
The type of personal information collect
Footbus Ltd will collect and process the following information:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us by filling in forms on the Application or the Application site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the Application or download the Application and when you report a problem with the Application. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, personal description, comments, social media handles (if used to log in), physical activity and location.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use the Application or visit our website, we will automatically collect website user statistics including but not limited to information from third parties, such as Google Analytics. information
- Location Information. While creating/sharing/viewing/starting/walking/ending routes, Footbus Ltd and third parties process location data, given by your mobile device or computer, to send location information to create routes and measure your walk progress and precise location in real-time in order to deliver the service. Your location will be visible to other users of the app, for example those within your group and/or that have been invited to routes that you are sharing with each other. Route information is saved in route history once the route is ended and this information may be shared with third parties.
How personal information is obtained and why it is required
Most of the personal information processed is provided directly by you when you:
- Download and use the Application, including when you join and walk routes via the Application;
- Sign in including through social media accounts such as Facebook; or
- Contact and/or correspond with Footbus Ltd via email, feedback, social media or the website
Footbus Ltd uses the information that you have given in order to provide and improve services via the app, website and social media and to communicate with you, for example to send you updates or announcements, users’ requests and messages and other information relating to the service including through push notifications, by email and SMS. You will be asked to allow notifications when you use the service
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases relied upon for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Footbus Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) A contractual obligation
(c) To comply with legal obligations
(d) When there is a legitimate interest, for example to provide information to third parties in connection with marketing and advertising or to disclose information in the investigation of possible criminal acts.
If you are a student, your educational establishment or accommodation provider may provide us with your details in order for us to invite you to join any Footbus groups that we set up/administer on their behalf, eg to join a hall/college/year/class Footbus group.
Other organisations may similarly provide us with your details in order for us to invite you to join any Footbus groups that we set up/administer on their behalf.
Disclosure of your information
Footbus Ltd may disclose the data we collect from you with third parties in order provide the Application and the Services to you, to comply with legal requirements or to send offers or information that you might find useful. Third parties may include business partners, subcontractors, advertisers, marketers, suppliers and payment providers. You can opt out of marketing/promotional notifications at any time. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place which require these other organisations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes unless you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties will in turn have their own data protection policies.
Your name and part anonymised email address will be visible to other users.
How and where your data is stored and how long it is stored for
Your data protection responsibility
You must keep your login details confidential and must not share them with others. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your account and personal details as a result of sharing your login details. You must not impersonate other users. You must change your password on a regular basis, at least every six months.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - Data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the legislation and you have the right to ask Footbus Ltd for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask Footbus Ltd to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask Footbus Ltd to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask Footbus Ltd to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - - You have the right to ask Footbus Ltd to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing -You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances and to withdraw any objection.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that Footbus Ltd transfers the personal information have given to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, Footbus Ltd has one month to respond to you
If you wish to make a request please contact Footbus Ltd at:
Data Protection Officer
Third party websites and applications
Our website or Application may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of third-party networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Application is advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through then have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about Footbus Ltd’s use of your personal information, you can make a complaint at:
Data Protection Officer
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how Footbus Ltd has used your data. The ICO’s address is: Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Further information and Guides to Data Protection and your Rights are available from the Information Commissioner’s Office. ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Last Updated: May 2023